• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stalking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nervous3456

What is the name of your state? indiana i recently quit my job because of constant bullying & harassment by my supervisor. recently i showed up there to see a friend. my previous supervisor called security on me while i was sitting in my car in an adjacent parking lot. the guard opened my door through an open window, took a gun which i have a gun permit ( 3 years) & took it inside my previous employment. this supervisor phoned police for 3 days and a judge issued stalking charges which is a class d felony. she is also saying i left a voice mail describing her house and aking her if she wanted to do something sometime. no evidence to this. she is also accusing me of following her from the post office to walgreen's. no evidence to this either.should i plea bargain to a misdemeanor and a year probation or take it to trial. if i change lawyers a few days before trial does the judge have to give me more time to prepare for trial.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nervous3456 said:
What is the name of your state? indiana i recently quit my job because of constant bullying & harassment by my supervisor. recently i showed up there to see a friend. my previous supervisor called security on me while i was sitting in my car in an adjacent parking lot. the guard opened my door through an open window, took a gun which i have a gun permit ( 3 years) & took it inside my previous employment. this supervisor phoned police for 3 days and a judge issued stalking charges which is a class d felony. she is also saying i left a voice mail describing her house and aking her if she wanted to do something sometime. no evidence to this. she is also accusing me of following her from the post office to walgreen's. no evidence to this either.should i plea bargain to a misdemeanor and a year probation or take it to trial. if i change lawyers a few days before trial does the judge have to give me more time to prepare for trial.

My response:

Take it to trial. Force the prosecutor to prove the State's case, and then let a jury decide your fate. That's the best thing to do.

Also, a judge does not have to give you more time to "prepare" even if you change attorneys.

IAAL

stephenk

interesting how the poster does not deny the allegations but only says there is no evidence to back up the allegations. hmmmmmmm.

Bravo8

And the story makes no sense.......

Why, after quiting your job because of being harassed by you supervisor, would you return to "see a friend"? That's either complete BS or a severe lack of judgement.

"......this supervisor phoned police for 3 days and a judge issued stalking charges........"

So the poster sat in the parking lot for 3 DAYS while the ex-supervisor repeatedly phoned the police. After which the JUDGE charged the poster. I guess the prosecutor will determine guilt or innocence, the probation office will defend him, and the corrections officers will be the investigating officers......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">