• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tab1270

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I have a question or questions for you, I recently got remarried and my new husband and I would like to adopt a child. I have two children from a previous marriage and unable to have anymore children of my own. The biggest problem we are running into is the expense of adopting through an agency. We make ok money and are considered middle class but coming up the kind of money it takes to adopt is a stretch. Does anybody have any suggestions for us? We both like children and would like to have one with our name. Can anybody out there help?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tab1270 said:

"We both like children and would like to have one with our name."

=====================================

My response:

Well, finding an adoptable child that already has your last name is a bit like looking for a "needle in a haystack."

Why are you limiting yourself to children that already have your name?

Are you amenable to foreign child adoption?

Have you searched the Internet for adoption alternatives; e.g., foreign or private adoptions? You'll need an attorney for any endeavor in these regards, so another alternative is to call your State Bar Association for a referral to an attorney who specializes in adoptions.

Good luck to you, and I hope you find that little bundle of joy real soon.

IAAL

P.S. I'm kidding about the "name" thing. I know exactly what you meant.

CMSC

tab1270 said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I have a question or questions for you, I recently got remarried and my new husband and I would like to adopt a child. I have two children from a previous marriage and unable to have anymore children of my own. The biggest problem we are running into is the expense of adopting through an agency. We make ok money and are considered middle class but coming up the kind of money it takes to adopt is a stretch. Does anybody have any suggestions for us? We both like children and would like to have one with our name. Can anybody out there help?

Have you contacted your local Health and Human Service department? There is not a huge cost (in my state) to adopt a child in foster care or in the system. Of course I am sure you would like to have a perfectly healthy baby whom you can name. But if the cost involved is bothering you, there are plenty of children out there who need homes and of course when you adopt them, they will take on your last name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">