• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Black sheep of the family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PLNKTN

What is the name of your state? Ohio

my son who is 18 just got in trouble in august for underage consumption of alcohol and a drug paraphanlia. the police officer found a homemade bong in his car but there was no pot residue inside. he went to court on both charges under a summons, he was not arrested. he got a reduced fine and a suspended jail sentence for each account. he got two years probation, non-reporting and he has to go to a drug recovery program for a week. now, just a week ago he got in trouble for criminal trespassing on some property he was told by his friend they were allowed to be occupying. some one called the cops for suspicious behavior and he was gvn a summons to appear in court. my son says this is only a misdemeanor 4 and he pled not guilty at his first court hearing and was told to go get a public defender. he tells me he can't talk to the public defender until the day of his next court appearance. Is that right? Shouldn't he be talking over his strategy in court with his public defender? and also since this is a "smaller" misdemeanor does this fall under breaking his probation or does his probation only apply to the original charge of underage drinking and drug paraphanelia? I told him if he goes to jail then maybe he'll learn his lesson and stay out of trouble, but is that a possiblity with this charge of criminal trespassing? Please help me, I am very confused over all these charges and laws!! thank you very much.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">