• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failed drug test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jr2463

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I failed my second drug test with the department of Corrections. I past the first drug test but since it had been more than nintey days i had to come in for another drug test. I have never done any drugs in my life. My story is I was having trouble with my wisdom tooth and i was in severe pain. It took my doctor three weeks to pull it out two different doctors tried. in the process I ran out of my medication and my sister gave me a darvocet the day before i was to be tested. On the drug screen questionaire i told them I was in pain for my tooth and i had taken a Darvocet. My test came back positive. I thought i was doing the right thing by putting down what i had taken. I did not know that a darvocet was on the list for medication you cannot take and because i took my sister medication, I did not know it was an illigel thing i was doing. they have taken my name off the hiring list. Do any one know if the department of corrections will give me another chance or is it over in Michigan.I even found a case just like mine on the Department of Civil service web site and they put that person name back on the hiring list. Can someone please give me any advice on what I need to do. :eek:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't think anyone here can tell you what the state will do, unless someone happens by who works for that department and can tell you what the practice has been.

I can tell you that if they refuse to put your name back on the hiring list, it will be legal. First, you have no guaranteed right to a job. Second, you failed the drug test which is a legitimate reason for failure to hire. Your story of what happened is perfectly understandable, but it doesn't change the fact that when tested, you had a non-permissable drug in your system and what's more, one that had been prescribed for someone else.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't count on getting a job there in the immediate future. Your energies would be best spent looking somewhere else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">