• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lots of questions about adoption and the process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nnichols713

Texas

hello, I have a situation. My baby's dad went to jail last December. He got out this July. He found out I am with someone else, got insanely jealous, came over to his residence and thinking that the roommate was my boyfriend, proceeded to beat the boy to a bloody pulp. Had he hit the boy three more times, he would be dead because they were brutal blows to the head. This case is still in the process of his discipline because he keeps resetting the court dates. Because I am scared to death or what he will do to me and my baby, I sent my baby to live with my aunt and uncle for the time being. I have not received ANY contact from them at all since I did that. If an adoption were to go through, could I over turn it, how much would it cost, because he isn't on the baby's birth certificate, would he be able to overturn the adoption and get custody of her. What about his parents, what rights do they have. I have a restraining order against him, but he's already broken the no-contact bond restriction, so I know he isn't going to care about a restraining order. If I get my baby back, and he wants custody, what do you think the courts will doin terms of visitation? Please help!! This is crucial and I need to have the information so I can make the best decision for myself, my daughter and my fiance.

CMSC

Okay first of all you said that you sent the baby to live with your aunt and uncle, were there any custody/guardianship papers signed and how long has the baby been there?

If this custody was not granted to your aunt and uncle through the courts, that child is still yours and you can go get her!

Also if you are going to be married you have great grounds to terminate your ex's rights as a parent and have your new husband adopt.

If your ex is not on the birth certificate and he didn't sign an acknowledgement of paternity he has NO rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">