• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got Fired. Subway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

polo923

What is the name of your state?
California

My boss fired me because my friend use the subway card every Saturday to buy sandwich. He been doing it for a month.

My boss say that it was my friend that got me fired. Is that a good reason why?

The subway card works by buying a sandwich and than receiving small tickets. Need to collect 8 to get a free 6 inch sandwich. My friend get his ticket from another subway around where he live.

My boss say the ticket that my friend use is from New York. My friend say its not true. Every subway use a different color ticket. But the Subway card say its Valid only at participating Subway stores.

I'm going to pick up my last paycheck tomorrow.

I think the boss gave me a lame answer why I got fired.

Beth3

So I'm guessing your boss fired you because he thought you were bending the rules regarding the subway card for your friend. Even if your boss is mistaken, that's not illegal. He can terminate you for this reason even if he is wrong in his assumptions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">