• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Weeks Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SkyWatcher

What is the name of your state?
Kansas
(I am domiciled in Missouri)

I turned in my two weeks notice yesterday - stating that I intended to vacate my position and resign in two weeks time.

My Question is - If I am asked to leave before the two weeks is up, is my company required to compensate me for those two weeks? My company has a history of doing this (sensitive info, paranoia, or whatever). I have no corretive actions or anything else, I have a clean file. Also, if they do ask me to leave, and if they are required to pay me for the remaining time, what should I do to ensure that this happens?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

JETX

Asked and answered MANY, MANY times already on this forum (even within the last week).

NO, your employer has no obligation to pay you for hours NOT worked.... and can release you at will... even during your 'two week' notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">