• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i understand that part...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

heidikoedel

ohioSIZE=3]i understand that much but when I was hired in they knew my situation would not change. would they have the chance then not to hire me in? Why would they let this go on for over 2 years and not complain? But all of a sudden when a family member goes missing its like well, if you can't be there then no job! I am looking into other options because I feel this was unfair. they new my situation day of hire and they also knew more situations were to come not everyone has a reliable babysitter mine usually are. just at this time. with what is going on they can't help but not be reliable![/SIZE]

Beth3

I don't know why they told you your anticipated absenteeism would not be a problem. Perhaps you were absent more than they thought you would be. Perhaps they just got tired of having to work around you're not being there. Perhaps co-workers complained they were tired of taking over your work when you were gone. Perhaps business conditions changed and they could no longer accommodate you being gone frequently. Perhaps new management didn't agree with the philosophies of prior management.

In any event, because you believe their decision to be unfair does not make it illegal. As most employers feel strongly that regular attendance at work is an absolute must, you'll likely need to address your personal situation and find reliable child care or you won't last long in any new jobs you undertake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">