• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overturn adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chick

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I adoption a little boy at age 4 he is 15 now a unstable kid
he has been in the court system sense 1999 before he was put away he cause a lot of confuse in my home and threaden our life to the point I donot want him back. My husband is turning his head as though nothing happen, what can I do to have my name remove from this adoption? I have to grown daughters and they want nothing to do with neither do our family. What can I do?:confused: :confused:

D

dorenephilpot

The only way to "unadopt" him is to have someone else who's willing and able to adopt him to take over your duties and adopt him.

If he is insane and/or a danger, then you might be able to have him institutionalized, which would get him out of your home but which won't necessarily relieve you of your parental responsibilities.

I would suggest you contact some agencies in Indiana who deal with troubled kids and family needs.

One that might be particularly helpful is Indiana Protection and Advocacy. The number there is (317) 722-5555.

Hope this helps.

C

chick

overturn adpotion

Indiana
Thank so much for the advice, right now he is in boys town here in Indiana, he was in Mil. WIS instution for two years, now they think he alright but he is still on medine, my husband brought him for a two night stay, and I could'nt get any sleep was afraid. He put the word out so I could get it, that he only trying to get out, and we only be here when my husband is home, my husband works swing shift and he is not to be unsupervise.

This boy is 15 years and will be 16 in feb. and is on a fourth or fifth grade level with special ed.
Husband don't understand :confused: chick

D

dorenephilpot

Some additional tips, given the new information you just gave:

I would suggest that you urge the school to put him in a residential-type program as part of his IEP. You can get that included in his IEP if you convene his case conference committee and get everyone to agree to that.

If he cannot be controlled, then he cannot be educated in their regular school setting -- and obviously hasn't been in the past.

If you would like to talk more about your special ed rights, please e-mail me.

This is one of my niches areas of law -- special ed representation of kids in regard to school systems.

CMSC

I am sure dorene can help you a great deal but...

in the meantime you may want to go to www.yahoo.com and click and groups and do a search for COSEP, it is a group for parents with SPED kids and questions regarding. They have a wealth of information and IEP'S come up every minute. Maybe someone on there can point you in the direction also.

D

dorenephilpot

A few other special education websites that are top notch:

wrightslaw.com

reedmartin.com

specialedlaw.net

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">