• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stosh

What is the name of your state? illinois

on sept 21 my friend and i were driving down a rural road late at night that led to the "country" we drove by a white '92' camaro which somebody had just recently thrown a glass bottle that shattered on his back window he claims that he saw the bottle come out of one of the windows of the car that i was in but it was very dark and i wonder if it would be possible to convince the police, who had been contacted 3 weeks later, that it wasn't the car that I was in. he then had a chip in the back window appraised totaling $2400 is it a felony? would it be better to come to a settlement or procede to court ? is it just a case of he said she said? the police have not yet spoken to me but I hear that they are going to and the person who was driving, like myself, is a minor who the police also have not spoken to yet what should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">