• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment and Labor Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sbys

What is the name of your state? California

My company laid me off. I have a signed employment agreement that calls for them to carry health insurance for a year, and pay me $12,000 in severance. It doesn't spell out how or when the payment is to be made. It also says that I agree to sign a Proprietary Information agreement, but the company never presented one to me during my 2 1/2 yrs. with them. Now they want me to sign one that covers non-competition, thoughts, patents, designs, and a multitude of other items that I feel I would never have agreed too when I was employed there. They have threatened that if I don't sign it, then the whole employment agreement is void, and that they don't owe me anything. It has been over a month and they haven't paid me a penny, insurance, or even my vacation pay. What are my options?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Speak to the Department of Labor about the vacation pay and an attorney about the rest. You have far too complicated a situation to be accurately worked out on a bulletin board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">