• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor in posession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lexy328

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I got my first mip november of 2001, the second January 2002. Both times i had access to lawyers from Michigan State University, and they got both taken down to civil infractions. I recently transferred and received another one at my new school, which does not provide lawyers. my question is, are the first two on my record? could this technically count as my first mip? or my third? whats the worst that can happen to me??

R

reddenbakker

I hope you dont have any scholorships or that will be cancelled due to this.....

And who knows they might even try and kick you out of school. Since you did it ON CAMPUS......

i would suggest you start packing your bags to move home with mommie and daddie!

I doubt you will get any jail time, just expelling you from college is punishment enough.

L

lexy328

Actually I didnt do it on campus, thats why i was wondering. Could the school get involved anyways? And what about the other civil infractions? are they on my record? I plan on telling the judge just in case they are, but can they hurt me?

A

amc822

Call the public defender's office to find out if they will represent you.

racer72

amc822 said:
Call the public defender's office to find out if they will represent you.
Any you will give them all a good laugh. A misdemeanor MIP would hardly qualify for legal assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">