• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

post-employment harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cxc

LOUISIANA

I was the manager of a company and had arranged a trade agreement with a local cell phone company for the use of six cell phones. Per the agreement, the cell phone company would pay for the phone plans and any expenses incurred beyond that (for using more minutes than covered in the plan). I, being a manager, tended to use an exorbitant amount of minutes ... both for personal and professional use. I drove one hour each way to work and used that time for personal calls. My former employer claims I signed an agreement to pay for any overcharges and has accused me of embezzlement and that I will be turned over to the legal system if this is not reimbursed. They have kept my final paycheck.

Also, the agreement also stated that any additional expenses incurred by the client would be 'paid' back by my company through additional commercials on our radio station.

1) I don't recall signing any agreement that I would pay for overcharges.
2) Other employees went over their minutes. I feel I am being singled out due to other misgivings on their part.
3) If I did sign this agreement, am I obligated to pay after my leaving the company? This situation was not brought up until I left the company.
4) Is this really embezzlement?
5) On my final paycheck, which the company is holding, they did not pay me for unused vacation or any due commission.
6) What other issues are at hand and where do I actually stand on this?

Thank you in advance.

C

cxc

PART II

I would like to add that I had recently moved an hour away from my job but was commutting. A new general manager was brought in to help our struggling company. This manager did not include me in any discussions regarding his changes to my department. This, and other events, led me to feel that I was being pushed out of the company and I found another opportunity closer to home.

This radio station features an afternoon host who makes fun of me on the air. He has belittled and embarrassed me with no apologies given though I did confront him about this.

Since I've left the company and this issue with the cell phone has arisen, he continues to mock and embarrass me.

I had used my voice and name in a couple of commercials that ran on the station. These commercials were for weight loss issues.

Do I have any recourse to have him stop making reference to me on the public air waves?

Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">