• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chrisgamble

What is the name of your state? ky

i was fired ecause i sent my boss' an email telling them i was sick then i went home. the catch is a few eeeks earlier i blowed the whistle on some employess who were doing drugs at work i wrote and signed a statement then 2 days later i was drug tested but the other employess were never investigated and i was told by the manager that no one would know but us and the ky state police

Beth3

Was notification by e-mail that you were ill and going home an acceptable practice at your company? Had you previously been absent frequently enough that this absence was the "last straw"? What exactly did the e-mail say - was it worded in a manner that one of your bosses would take exception to the contents? Did you have prior disciplinary action for any other problems or performance issues, even if unrelated to absenteeism?

Your presumption clearly is that you were terminated because you informed company management about drug use at work which may or may not be the case - there just isn't enough information to determine that. However even if that is why they terminated you, it's not unlawful. While anything's possible, it's hard to believe any employer would knowingly tolerate drug use in the workplace.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">