• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the bartenders call

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kiatty

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I was a bartender at a golf club. One Saturday there was a large wedding going on there and alot of the wedding guests were pretty much on their way to being drunk if not already when my boss commented to me in the kitchen "You have alot of drunk people in your bar don't you" I replied that yes I did and that I was going to start cutting them off. This was around 9pm and I decided that I would cut off the overly drunk from shots. But when their buddies started buying shot for them I decided to just not serve any shots at all. Repeatedly I was asked why, how come, we're spending alot of money here, it's not your responsiblity, were all the comments by the customers. Around 12am after refusing to serve another shot to someone who was drunk, my manager called my out into the hallway saying I was being too rude and that we are in the business to make money and that because I refused a drink to another barowner in another town it was just awful of me and that I needed to LEAVE! Immediately. And basically I got kicked out. I reported to work on the following Monday and actually gave my 2 week notice not just because of that but other issues. 2 hours later, I was informed that there was no way around the situation of Sat night and that I should just go and not do the 2 weeks. It's pretty double standard there. Earlier this summer I was commended for using my head when cutting of the drunk customers, this time I got fired for it. Any advice???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes. Find another job and move on. Nothing illegal has transpired. It may or may not be fair but the firing was legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">