• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repayment of bank fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dodib2000

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I have recently resigned from my employer due to getting another job offer. I was getting direct deposit and expecting my last check on Septembe 12. On Sept. 12 I called my bank and my deposit was made I also received a statement in the mail from the employer saying the same thing. I then proceeded to pay my bills. About 1 1/2 weeks later I started getting overdraft notices in the mail and when checking into them found out that my ex-employer after making the direct deposit ended up doing a withdrawl of all the money because they thought they had over paid me. No one ever let me know this. They then sent me a check on the 26th of the month, a repayment of my last check. I now have $254.00 in overdarft fees from my bank and what I want to know is if I have any legal backing on getting my ex-employer to pay these fees.

Thank you,
Dorthy

Beth3

From an employment law standpoint, I'd don't expect so but you should call MI's Department of Labor to find out for certain.

You might have an option to sue in small claims court as a civil matter however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">