• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non payment of commission to me by xboss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmorberg

What is the name of your state? Washington State

i am a mortgage loan officer. in june 2002 i verbally told my boss that i would be going to work for another broker. at that time i had 2 loans in progress with him, both of which i orginated. i was paid for 1 loan in august and the other closed at the end of august and funded at the beginning of september. at the time i told my boss i was leaving, i told him i wanted to finish my loan there instead of taking them with me and he told me he would pay me for them. it is obvious he is not going to pay me for the second loan and on top of that he will not return my messages by phone or email for an explanation of why i am not getting paid. i have been told that i can take him to small claims court. do i have any recourse?? i have an approval with a lender dated in august with my name on it and i was wondering if a letter written by the customer stating he originated the loan with me, if that will help. Help!! thanks

steve

Beth3

Contact Washington State's Department of Labor. Whether they can assist you or not depends upon whether they consider the commissions you are due "wages." If they can't, then your recourse will be to pursue this in small claims court assuming the monies you are owed are within the limit for small claims in your State.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">