• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI- Employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

perseus1206

What is the name of your state? Pa

I received my one and only DUI in 9/24/2000. I was on the ARD Program for Delaware County and had my license suspended for 2 months (I did the fast track program). Now that everything is behind, what should I do now? Should I get it expunged off my record? I did receive the ARD program which I did not plead guilty to a felony or misdeamener. Just recently I was interviewed for a job position at a Big Firm (I've been looking forward to working for this company ever since I graduated from college) and I received it. My question is the application form will say have I ever been convicted or arrested and has my driver license been suspended. Since I was offered the job should I answer yes to both of these questions? How do I get rid of the DUI on my driving record? How long does it take? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you:)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I cannot answer your questions as to whether or not you can have the DUI expunged from your record, or how you go about doing that. I'll leave that to one of the lawyers.

I can tell you, as someone who has spent many years in recruitment, that you absolutely should tell the truth on your application form. You are assuming what questions the form will ask but if they ask about convictions, tell the truth. Keep in mind that many forms I have seen specifically exclude DUI's from this question and if this is the case you do not need to admit to it. You will have to admit to having a drivers license suspended if they ask this question, although personally I have never seen this question on an application form. Whatever the questions turn out to be, answer them truthfully.

Many employers will not have a problem with hiring someone whose only offense is a DUI. If the job does not involve driving then the fact that your license has been suspended will not be an issue. However, just about all employers will not hesitate to put you in the "no" pile if they discover that you lied on your application form. If they offer you the job and they discover after you have been hired that you lied (and don't think they can't) that is grounds for immediate termination. If you can't tell the truth on your application form, you won't be trusted in any other aspect of the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">