• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invassion of Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seanf

What is the name of your state? California

I live in a master planned community of single family homes. A few weeks ago the person living across the street installed video survaliance cameras on the front exterior of his home. These cameras video tape the sidewalks and possibly my property.

I called the HOA and verified he did not get approval for the installation of these cameras which is a violation of the CCR's of the HOA. Claming his personal safety, the HOA is considering giving him approval for these cameras.

My question is do I have any legal recourse for the invasion of my privacy for him video taping my property and do I have any legal recourse against the HOA for not enforcing the CCR's of our communitiy.

Thanks for any input.

Sean

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">