• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brookelea

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I posted this under criminal forums but got no response, so maybe this might be better suited forum to get any information. Please any information would be helpful and if this is not the right place, please recommend something that would be. thanks!

Does an inmate have the right to medical treatment if injured during an activity while there? My husband was in the county jail and during an outdoor game of volleyball during rec time he injured his knee making it barely able to walk on. He requested and kited medical treatment, but none was given or even addressed. He was released about 1 week later. he cannot even run around and play with our son, because it goes out and starts to swell up and he is in excrutiating pain, however we do not have the money to see a doctor about this. Since it happened while in jail, shouldnt they have had a doctor look at it while he was there?

Does he have any recourse about their lack of providing medical treatment for an injury incurred while in their care? He tried to call lawyers in the phone book but they said this type of thing is covered under civil rights and I have no idea where to find a civil rights lawyer, I have searched the phone book and did some searching online but it mostly seems to be civil rights for discrimination only.

lauras2u

look on here for civil rights lawyer. Call them even if u think they would be uninterested. If they can't help you they might recommend someone who can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">