• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question for dorenephilpot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CMSC

What is the name of your state? indiana

I am posting this here because I know you frequent the adoption forum. I am wondering if you can tell me if in Indiana once temporary custody is granted is it true that after 45 days it becomes automatic full custody? I am curious in any info you can provide, thanks!

D

dorenephilpot

There's no provision that says once someone has temporary custody of a child for 45 days that it becomes a permanent order.

Best interests of the child rule the day, not span of time.

CMSC

Thanks that is the answer I was hoping for. I guess it must be possible depending on the judge because the person I asked the question for just went to court and the judge said as long as no one contests it she will have full custody in 45 days. Sounds crazy to me! No court hearing to determine full custody, just a timeline,:confused:

D

dorenephilpot

Geez. Here we go again -- a question without all the information needed to give a good answer.

This is at least the second time that I recall this happening with your questions, ryrysmom.

If the JUDGE SAID that it would become permanent after 45 days if no one contests it AND THEN NO ONE CONTESTS IT, then that WOULD happen.

Your question, unfortunately, didn't include that information, which was important here.

A reminder: The responses you get on this forum are only as good as the information we're basing it on.

If we don't have vital information, and this another is a prime example of that, then the answers you get might not be on target and they might be plain, flat wrong.

CMSC

Excuse me? I gave you ALL the information I knew of! So don't bite my head off! I have someone on a site that I am a moderator for telling everyone exactly this, "IN INDIANA IF YOU HAVE TEMPORARY CUSTODY IT AUTOMATICALLY TURNS INTO FULL CUSTODY IN 45 DAYS. NO NEED FOR COURT HEARING OR ANYTHING." So that is why I relied on you to clarify. And you did, then I added that the person in question just stated they went to court (this happened after i posted my question to you) and the judge told them as long as no one contested it he would grant her full custody after 45 days. Now I will say this, if you knew that if the order was uncontested after 45 days then it would become full custody why didn't you say that? If you didn't think you could give a "good answer" then why even respond, just say you need more facts or don't know the answer. I gave you the facts I had on hand. I asked this question just before this person was going to court and after you responded I posted what this person found out in court. You didn't need to get nasty in your response, you could have simply stated that if it is uncontested then yes it will become a full custody order.

So before you go ripping into me step back and take a look. Whatever, I am sorry that i recommend you to so many people when you can be so ruthless. I don't know why I need to be the target of your rage. I never stated in my question about an order being uncontested, I asked you about the facts that I knew of. I am sorry that those facts changed, I guess next time I ask you a question I will wait three or four weeks before hand to make sure all the facts haven't changed!

Why do you target me? I have only asked you ONE question on here and you have chosen to answer two. The first question was about Oklahoma and you gave me an answer, which was fine but later on I got a call from an attorney and got a different answer, which happens all the time! Just because someone gave a different response than yours doesn't mean I leave out facts. The questions I ask on here if they require me to contact another attorney I read directly from my post! So I don't leave out anything.

Seanscott, I know that you value dorenephilpot's advice and I respect that of you she tends to give good advice but DAMN!

Sorry to have inconvenienced you so much dorenephilpot!

Seanscott

Yes, I value Dorene's advice very highly. I don't think she realizes what she has done for my family. She gave me the encouragement to start (and fight) for our adoption. I might add, that she has been correct on every observation she has made. Even though she was somewhat curt with you, the assistance she has given many on this board is immeasurable.

At least she didn't come off like IAAL!!:rolleyes:

Ryry's mom - you have also helped many on this board, and I'm sure it's appreciated also. Best wishes to you both.

CMSC

dang it, I keep forgetting to see if my cookies are cleared!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
ryry's mom said:

"Don't you know that you are always in my thoughts!"

==========================================

My response:

Well, yes, I do. I just hope they're all x-rated "thoughts." Mine are.

IAAL
anway, of course my thoughts are x-rated. I am insulted that you would think otherwise!:p I hope that I have given you all the information needed to get a good response!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">