• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sued again, same accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clan_of_xymox

What is the name of your state? PA

I was at fault in an auto accident 2.5 years ago. It was a chain reaction and all three parties sued me, and settled (signed releases), with my insurance company.

Now it appears the lead car involved is suing the other two (having settled with me already). However, the other two parties are, in turn, naming me as an additional defendant. So I have been served again. I have sent everything to my insurance company, but since they are a black hole of information, would like to know:

Is this a formality, and if not, what are the consequences?

thank you

JETX

These cross-actions are common 'gathering' tactics. Assuming you do have releases from ALL parties, then another legal claim would be 'Res Judicata' (civil equivalent of 'double jeopardy').

C

clan_of_xymox

releases

The other 3 parties did sign releases according to my insurance agent.

Can a relative/spouse of one of the other parties still sue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">