• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Random Drug Testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gwakgira

What is the name of your state? Texas

I work for a city that has a random drug testing policy. Personally, I have no objection to random drug testing. Approximately, six months ago, I was selected for a random drug testing. I took the test and came out OK. A few days ago, I was asked again to take a random drug test. This time I thought this was a joke and asked how I was selected randomly two times within six months when there are fellow employees who have never been randomly selected for drug testing for more than 15 years. I went ahead and took the urine test anyway. I felt something may be wrong with the selection process or someone may be abusing the process to fulfill other motives. Do I need to start thinking taking legal actions about the radom selection process?

What do you think?

Last edited:

the city I worked for did the same thing. our mechanic was selected 3 times in 14 months . it is random testing, usually the company hired uses only a employee # with no name. it is just the luck(or is it) of the draw. I was selected once.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">