• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre-court accident settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parrots2

What is the name of your state? PA
After an accident when a large object in a store fell on me, I've been waiting for a jury trial for 5 years. After it was finally scheduled, the judge called for a pre-court attempt to settle. The insurers offered me less than my medical expenses (I refused)which were covered by medicare & medicaid. They (the state) expects compensation out of a settlement + my legal expenses. I went through an anterior cervical disksection, C5,6 & 7 & have a titanium plate. I still suffer daily pain after almost 6 years. I am a senior citizen with osteoarthritis like most seniors in the world. I am being told that perhaps I would have needed the surgery anyway although I never had the neck or upper back pain before the accident. I can't understand why the settlement offer would have left me in debt and nothing for my pain & suffering. Now, my attorney said that the judge wants to try to settle out of court again and my jury trial has not been rescheduled. What in the world is going on? I feel that I am not being treated fairly.

Alex02

Yea it sounds like that doesnt it. Have you talked to your lawyer about this yet? It sounds like this company needs to learn the hard way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">