• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nofault Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lepaul37

What is the name of your state? Texas

was in a car accident . someone hit me from tha side. damage is about 1500. i have only liability.
The other driver dont have insurance.she was given a ticket for no insurance and failure to control speed.
wat do i do..?????

Alex02

Take the person to small claims court. Collect evidence that she did damage to your car. So im assuming you got an accident report from the police, and take some pictures of the damage.

OR

Call the lady that hit you and calmly ask her to pay for some or all of the damges whichever you want. Remember negotiations work out BEST if they are done calmy and both people keep in mind each others situations. Explain to her that it was her fault and she has to pay for it somehow. If she cant pay for it in one shot try to make an agreement on payments BUT make sure IT IS IN WRITING!!

IOf you get money from her then thats that, i dont think you can sue her unless she breaches the contract/agreement you made.

Taking to her is more of a hassle especially if she doesnt have the money to pay! They might have to garnish her wages or get it some other way.

L

lepaul37

i dun have no number or anything. i just got a slip from the police ...
do i call to the police office?

Alex02

What does it say on that police slip? It must say somethin on there that u can use when you go down to the police station to get the accident report.

AFter you get the report you can go from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">