• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Church and State question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackarl

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have a question reguarding the law in Indiana requiring certification for hypnotists. http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title25/ar20.5/ch1.html

Part of this law states:

IC 25-20.5-1-24
Sec. 24. A hypnotist may not use, advocate, teach, or condone the following practices while engaged in the practice of hypnotism or advertising hypnotism services:
(1) Satanism.
(2) Satanic rituals.
(3) Spiritualism.
(4) Spirit or demon depossession.
As added by P.L.75-2000, SEC.4.

My question refers to Chruch and State issues. I am a ordained priest, however I practice Spiritualism rather than any orthodox religion. I also have been certified (though not with the state yet) as a master hypnotist. Does this law violate The First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Jack

ellencee

Indiana's requirements for certification are just that, Indiana's requirements for certification. I am sure the rationale for these requirements is the desire to protect the citizens of Indiana from being victimized by the occult or Satanic practioners, who have obviously made the choice to worship evil and therefore can not be trusted to have impartial, therapeutic interactions with clients.

You are free to choose whether or not you become certified as a hypnotist in Indiana.

You would do well to be concerned with what God thinks of you and the way you have utilized the free will He granted you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">