• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 1st Accident, what do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thelpguy

What is the name of your state? This accident took place in the State of Tennessee and I live in Missouri. I stuck a vehicle from behind in heavy traffic on the interstate. I was driving a Rental car at the time and I was "on the clock". The company I work for rented the car for me. This all happened in November of ‘01. Today I received a letter from an attorney that is representing the person I hit. And it asks that I give it to "my insurance company". Now since I was driving a rental car and was on the job at the time of the accident I am not quite sure where to go with this. To my works "Risk Management Department", my personal insurance company or send it to the Rental car agency? My company rented the car and it is company policy NOT to buy any of the additional insurance offer by the rental car companies. Also, in a situation like this, what usually happens? In 25 years of driving this was my 1st accident. I just don't want to get burned. The person I hit is hamming it up. He was fine until we heard the sirens of the emergency vehicles an then he got back in his car and started to hold his neck. So I pretty much know where it is going. Just need some advise on the best way to handle this. Thanks!

T

tblevi4

I used to work for a workers' compensation attorney and it sounds like this should be turned in to your place of employment. If you were driving a car that they rented for you, then they have you covered under some type of corporate insurance that they would have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">