• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit by rental car without insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aljms7

What is the name of your state? PA
I was hit by a person driving a rental car with no insurance. My insurance company is trying to collect but Im sure nothing will come of it. I want to know if the rental car company made a mistake in renting to a person without insurance? I know they had no personal insurance in which case the person renting the vehicle should be responsible in purchasing coverage from the company before being allowed to drive their vehicle. Should the company be at fault as well as the at fault driver?? I am guessing I will have to take matters into my own hands. The accident was in late June and its now Novemeber and nothing was done. Hope someone can help with knowing my rights and who I should go after for payment. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">