• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident on private property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pudddogg

What is the name of your state? virginia

I'm getting sued for $1000 . Heres the story back in february of this year i belive i hit a car park on a private drive. the owner had no permission to be there. well i told the people across the street from the vechile and they came out and said "are u sure u hit?" i was like i don't think i did but i didn't want someone to say that i did a hit and run or anything. he said "don't worry about it, its nothing noproblem i'll take care of it don't worry about it" i was like cool cause i know this guy and he owns a body shop. the place i thought i hit was about a 2 inch circle and a 1/2inch deep probably cost about $100 dollars to fix. but for him it probably won't cause him a thing. well the next day the owners of the property called the state police and had there car towed cause they were tresspassing.. a week or two goes by and the owners call me and say i owe them 1675 dollars. i was like well the damage at the most would cost $350 to fix cause u have to paint the whole panel .... they came back with another estimte with 1290 dollars ... i was like well thats way too much could u please take it two a body shop locally they were like no no no ....thing is that i belive they know people at these two body shops and got a crappy estamite.... then they came back and said that it would just take 600 to fix i was like well i'll send u 250 this month and the next month i'll send u the rest they said no that they wanted all the money right now ...i said i can't do that cause i'm in school and don't work... well few months went by they had a cop that they knew well call here and demand there money i told them i tired to pay them and they won't let me make payments ....then now its november and there sueing me for $1000 ...another thing is they all ready have the car fix at there own shop and they just got married and apartly the reason there sueing me for 1000 instead of the 600 is cause they need money for a honeymoon ....i'm getting screwed over i think please help me ....i'm a poor college kid

HomeGuru

pudddogg said:
What is the name of your state? virginia

I'm getting sued for $1000 . Heres the story back in february of this year i belive i hit a car park on a private drive. the owner had no permission to be there. well i told the people across the street from the vechile and they came out and said "are u sure u hit?" i was like i don't think i did but i didn't want someone to say that i did a hit and run or anything. he said "don't worry about it, its nothing noproblem i'll take care of it don't worry about it" i was like cool cause i know this guy and he owns a body shop. the place i thought i hit was about a 2 inch circle and a 1/2inch deep probably cost about $100 dollars to fix. but for him it probably won't cause him a thing. well the next day the owners of the property called the state police and had there car towed cause they were tresspassing.. a week or two goes by and the owners call me and say i owe them 1675 dollars. i was like well the damage at the most would cost $350 to fix cause u have to paint the whole panel .... they came back with another estimte with 1290 dollars ... i was like well thats way too much could u please take it two a body shop locally they were like no no no ....thing is that i belive they know people at these two body shops and got a crappy estamite.... then they came back and said that it would just take 600 to fix i was like well i'll send u 250 this month and the next month i'll send u the rest they said no that they wanted all the money right now ...i said i can't do that cause i'm in school and don't work... well few months went by they had a cop that they knew well call here and demand there money i told them i tired to pay them and they won't let me make payments ....then now its november and there sueing me for $1000 ...another thing is they all ready have the car fix at there own shop and they just got married and apartly the reason there sueing me for 1000 instead of the 600 is cause they need money for a honeymoon ....i'm getting screwed over i think please help me ....i'm a poor college kid

**A: you posted the identical thread back in July which racer72 responded to. What is your insurance company doing about your accident?
What? You don't have insurance or didn't report it.

P

pudddogg

i never contacted my insurance company and i don't think the other person contacted there insurance company either and at the scence the person there told me not to worry that it was nothing and that they would take care of it and don't worry about it and go on with about my bussiness

HomeGuru

pudddogg said:
i never contacted my insurance company and i don't think the other person contacted there insurance company either and at the scence the person there told me not to worry that it was nothing and that they would take care of it and don't worry about it and go on with about my bussiness

**A: oh, that's what I thought happened. Thanks for the update.

P

pudddogg

well i gotta go to court in the morning anyone have any last ideas for me ....least someone please pray for me lol ...any idea how if i'm found gulity how would i pay i have no job would the court let me make payments to them cause i have no income what so ever like i said i'm a struggling college kid

W

Walt848

Real simple case! Go to court, tell the truth, and WIN! You should not be held responsible since this person has no proof that you hit him/her! Was your paint color on his car at that time? If not, don't worry about it. He is only trying to soak you for pocket change. The court system will not see it his way, I am confident of that. Your best defense is to tell the truth. His best defense is to tell the truth (if he can) and I doubt that being the case. Eleven months has past. What has taken him so long to come forward? Ask the judge that when you get there! Go there with a positive attitude and just tell the truth. You will feel much better in the end. Let him "prove" his point if he can wiggle a way to do it!! He should be ashame, the deadbeat body shop man!!!!! He just lost another customer!

Walt

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">