• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I get the form to be signed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

What is the name of your state? Indiana

This may be a stupid question, however I will ask it anyways. Is there any way that I can get the form to have my ex husband sign over his rights or at least say he'd give permission for my current husband to adopt my children before I actually start the process? I'm not holding out hope that my ex will show in court in January but I thought by chance if he did maybe I could get the forms on my own. At the current time I don't have the money to pay for the fees for a lawyer or the filing fees and not sure when I would. My ex is a runner and I thought if he did show to court it would stop me from having to try to chase him down later. I'm thinking that he might even consent now considering his mother sent a birthday card to his sisters house for my son... (my ex and his mother both have my current address) and my ex signed the card with his first name.

Seanscott

I don't know the procedure for getting the forms or filing them on your own.

I have read however, that a notarized (and witnessed) statement from your ex-husband will stand up in court in some states.

CMSC

Hey tigger, I found something that I hope is helpful and it is something I didn't could happen. The second one is the one I didn't know could be used, I always thought that notarized documents weren't binding in court but I guess in the case of adoption they are! Now I am not sure if this is the same for step parent adoption, I am only assuming it is. Here is the entire site that I got it from, I am sure you have been to it before http://www.state.in.us/legislative/ic/code/title31/ar19/ch9.html

"IC 31-19-9-2
Sec. 2. The consent to adoption may be executed at any time after the birth of the child either in the presence of:
(1) the court;
(2) a notary public or other person authorized to take acknowledgments; or
(3) an authorized agent of:
(A) the division of family and children;
(B) a county office of family and children; or
(C) a licensed child placing agency."

Here is a site that has a general adoptin form http://www.alllaw.com/forms/family/withdrawal_of_parent/
I don't know how this will stand up in court but I would think that since your ex signs it voluntarily, doesn't pay support etc. the judge will get the hint!

How's your hubby doing? Wonderful I hope!

P.S. how far behind is your ex now? Have you found out anymore about the income tax returns? I am a member of a group online and they have someone that is a coordinator for Indiana, this person has so much info on how to get CSE to do their job, getting the IRS to do theirs etc. YOu may want to look into it when you have time go to yahoo groups and it is called P4CSE.

D

dorenephilpot

Tigger22472,

The forms you seek are called:

1. Voluntary relinquishment of parental rights.

2. Consent to adoption.

I would be happy to mail these forms to you.

Please e-mail me privately with your mailing address. I assume you do not want to post that on the Web.

tigger22472

Thanks !! I did e-mail you with my address.

To ryry's mom...

My husband is doing better and I'm now out on the job search... of course every day is a challenge between fighting for disability and trying to get help.

As far as my ex goes, he's approx. 15,000 behind now. If I sat down I could tell you by the penny however I have tried putting that part behind me in some sorts. I was never able to find out about his tax check for sure. October (the 6 months) has come and gone. CSE says they put an order in for it but don't have any information. IRS refuses to give me information because of the fact that it's a privacy issue. It doesn't matter that it was to come to me anyways. I wouldn't see it now if I got it anyways. Since my husbands accident I started receiving TANF. The state gets their money back before I see a penny.... UGH

Hopefully I will find the time to go to that group sometime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">