• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utah Uninsured Motorist laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leilia Frase

What is the name of your state? Utah
I was in a motor accident with a uninsured motorist. I am insured. I was making a left hand turn from the left hand turn lane,on a solid green. I was fully stopped in the middle of the intersection. She was coming the opposite way. She proceed with her left turn signal on, into the left hand turn lane opposite me. I proceeded to complete my turn at which point she made an illegal lane change to travel straight ahead instead of completeing her left hand turn. We collided in the middle of the intersection. I was cited for "failure to yield". What is the best way to fight this in traffic court? I feel I was unfairly cited. What do you think? What laws are for and against me? She was not cited at the scene. Can I report her to the state for driving uninsured?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">