• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance co. seeking restitution for already paid claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smkgars

What is the name of your state? wi
insurance co wants me to repay them for claim that they paid because they said damages were caused as a result of my negligence.doesnt insurance pay for accidents!!! they said if i dont pay they will refer my case to their attorney for collection.their attornney will also ask motor vehicle depart. to revoke my wi driving priviledges.can they do this!!

stephenk

did you have your own auto insurance at the time of the accident? if yes, contact them and let them know this other carrier has demanded payment.

If you had no insurance, then the other carrier has the right to be reimbursed for money they paid because of your negligence. You were at fault for the accident, werent you?

Best advice would be to work out a settlement and payment plan and keep up the payments. If you miss one a judgment would be entered and your credit rating would go to hell.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">