• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car value and rental

• Thread starter abmorales_12601
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abmorales_12601

What is the name of your state? NY

my car was totaled by a woman running the red light. we were not seriously hurt.her insurance company refuses to cover my rental beyond 15 days. we have not received compensation for the car yet and they only want to pay what is below bluebook value. what shoulh i do

A

abmorales_12601

they say they normally go over 3 weeks and they look all over my area to find comparable car values, not just old newspapers like gmac is doing

A

AppMudPie

CAr Value

This happened to me in Jersey. The insurance company would only pay fair market value, not blue book. Meaning they researched what similair cars sold for in your area.

I would contact a lawyer and file suit. Tell their insurance company that you will not accept their offer and that you have retained a lawyer. I would keep the rental until you find another car regardless. After all their client caused the accident that resulted in your loss.

Don't forget to put all communications in writing...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">