• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driver using insured owners car= accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alex02

What is the name of your state? CA- Prudential Auto INS.

Will liablity policies cover another driver in an accident (in policy holder's owner car) if the owner gave permission to the uninsured driver? I remember a insurance agent mentioning this but im its still unclear to me... If dad lets son take car out one night and has accident will insurance cover it? I know insurance companies will try to dodge this or keep it on the "hush hush" but when it comes down to it will the accident be covered? (At-Fault of course)

What about if son takes car out WITHOUT dads permission?

I saw a lawyer today about my situation but he said he'd have to look into it and id have to give him the $1,500 fee if i want him in my corner..

Can anybody shed the light in this dark corner, thanks

Alex02

QUOTE FROM MY INSURANCE WEBSITE

"Is my vehicle insured if I loan it to someone?
Your auto insurance coverage follows the vehicle. So, in most instances, your car will be covered when someone else is using it with your permission."

I tried to make a claim with my insurance and my local person that signed me up said no no your son was exluded from the policy. This goes against what the website saids and what my ins person told me when i signed up..

Can anybody back me up on this one??? ANy experiences with something like this?

stephenk

get a copy of your policy and the declaration page.

If your son was excluded it will be noted on the policy. If there is no mention of excluding your son, he is allowed to drive the car and he is covered under the policy.

You can also ask your insurance agent for the specific exclusion language if you cant find it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">