• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dna

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carabob

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have recently found out through DNA testing, that a child I have believed to be my own for the past 10 years, isn't actually mine. My name is on the birthcertificate, and her mother and I were married at the time of her birth. Do I still have all rights as the father of this child, or do I need to legally adopt her? Does the bio father have any rights? I'm not even sure if he knows he has a child.

ellencee

Until such time as a court rules otherwise, this child is yours. I am extremely thankful that you have inquired about how to keep this child as your own instead of asking how to be rid of any responsibility to the child.
You must be a wonderful, loving person.

ellencee

It is possible. Afterall, he doesn't know; so for him, it won't be after 10 years; it will be day one for him when he finds out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">