• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

feel like i'm being jerked around

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

john_jr

What is the name of your state? Texas
back in june I was hit by a driver whom admitted fault to running a red light while we had the arrow to turn, i got a lawyer and they sent me to several doctors and they say i need surgery on my neck and that i have perminent damage to nurves in right shoulder it has been over 5 months now and still my lawyers have not done anything should i seek help through the bar association, and/or file a complaint with the state ? my bills are piling up and my child support is in arears and i lost my business because of all this and i am wondering what am i gonna be able to do if and when this is all settled i am a chef by trade and cooking is all i know how to do. could someone please advise or point me in the right direction, thanks in advance, john_jr

stephenk

what are you expecting your attorneys to do at this point? Have you talked to your attorneys about your dissatisfaction?

J

john_jr

stephenk said:
what are you expecting your attorneys to do at this point? Have you talked to your attorneys about your dissatisfaction?
the Doctors have made their decisions based on tests, mri's and personal examinations and reported back to my lawyers with this information and have told me of their requests to get me to surgery as quick as possible I called the Doctors secritary and she said she had made the request to my Lawyer's assistant and she replied that she needed to get the naratives which I assume meant records and writen reports, I know the post office is slow but this is bull. I have tried to speak to my Lawyers but never seem to beable to speak to them directly, instead i am always refered to the assistant and she always says she can't discuss the case with me. well by god who can and why the heck won't they. i know you can't answer that, i'm just venting.
as for what i want well lets see, i would like my quality of life back
i would love to beable to sit and watch tv with my wife or make love to her, i would like to have my business back that was just getting off the ground and making a profit i would like to be able to travel to see my kids in alabama which i told them back in february that i would be coming to see them for thanksgiving and i would like to get back on track with my child support , is that too much to ask? i was a passenger in the truck that was hit by another truck that ran a red light because his golf clubs fell over in the truck and he reached to put them back in an upright position while we were minding our business and following the directions of the traffic light and turning as the other autos in the same lane did the car in front and the car behind us witnessed the incident and the truck that hit us swerved into the left turning lane to avoid hitting the cars ahead of him and instead hit us the roads were wet as it had rained earlier but not at the time of the accident the sun had come out and it was calm until the moment of impact which was over before i even knew we were hit the other driver admitted to the police and my wife that he was at falt so whats the hold up seems to be cut and dry to me.

ellencee

john_jr
You need to attend to your physical status. Use your own health insurance or your own auto insurance to get the medical treatment that you need.

Instead of calling your attorney; make an appointment and go to the office and sit down face to face with your attorney and have this discussion. Then, at least you will have had a face to face conversation and can determine if you need to change attorneys.

You must advocate for your own physical needs and get these needs met before you suffer greater damage to your health and well-being.

Best wishes,
EC

J

john_jr

ellencee said:
john_jr
You need to attend to your physical status. Use your own health insurance or your own auto insurance to get the medical treatment that you need.

Instead of calling your attorney; make an appointment and go to the office and sit down face to face with your attorney and have this discussion. Then, at least you will have had a face to face conversation and can determine if you need to change attorneys.

You must advocate for your own physical needs and get these needs met before you suffer greater damage to your health and well-being.

Best wishes,
EC
well to begin with I have no insurance, and I used all my financial means to open a restaurant with my wife although she teaches at a local school here, i was in charge of doing everything nessesary for the day to day operations of our business. but due to the accident i could no longer work or afford to maintain the lease on the business/property so we had to close it down. as far as an appointment goes, i have made several and each time i go hoping to talk face to face i end up with the same assistant and they tell me each time that he was called out on other business.

ellencee

In this situation, I would find another attorney, have the new attorney send a letter on my behalf and request all of my records, and send a letter prepared with the guidance of my new attorney stating the reasons I no longer require the first attorney to represent my interest.

are you saying you had no auto insurance at the time of the accident? or that you were in an uninsured vehicle as a passenger? Your auto insurance or that of the vehicle owner, if you were a passenger, should pay your medical expenses now and accept a lien on any settlement.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

john_jr said:
well to begin with I have no insurance, and I used all my financial means to open a restaurant with my wife although she teaches at a local school here, i was in charge of doing everything nessesary for the day to day operations of our business. but due to the accident i could no longer work or afford to maintain the lease on the business/property so we had to close it down. as far as an appointment goes, i have made several and each time i go hoping to talk face to face i end up with the same assistant and they tell me each time that he was called out on other business.

My response:

You know, I really love people like you.

You had no automobile insurance, and no "business interruption insurance", yet YOU expect overnight miracles from other people when YOU had no sense to protect yourself FIRST with the proper insurances. It's clients like you that wind up "getting the boot" from me when your impatience can directly be related to your own stupidity for not having your own insurance to protect you. If you had the proper insurance, and were paid for your medical treatments, and your business interruption, you wouldn't have had bills stacking up, and you'd still have your "business". But no, you decided to take a chance with your own well-being and financial situation, all because you're the one to blame for failing to protect yourself.

Well, I've got news for you. People don't "hop to it" when you don't protect yourself with insurance. Your attorney can do nothing IMMEDIATELY because the other party has a constitutional right to defend - - not merely roll over and pay you, all because you "think" you're right. And, if that defense takes years to accomplish, then that's the chance you took by NOT HAVING insurance in force to take care of your immediate needs.

So, don't blame other people for not "moving" as fast as you'd like. The wheels of justice take time, and YOU are at fault for not protecting yourself, your wife, and your business. Now you know, first hand, the meaning of protection and insurance.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">