• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bambitronier

What is the name of your state? utah
i "tapped" the rearend of a car last week. i called my insurance co. at the scene, but the other driver insisted on calling the police. there were no injuries, and basically no damage. his bumper had a paint peel the size of a fingernail. i was not issued a citation and assumed all was well. i received a call from my insurance co. and my payment had crossed in the mail and at the time of the accident, i had not had coverage for about 48 hrs. even though they have received my payment. now this guy wants 500.00 for a premium paint job on a 12 year old car and 4 days car rental! he told me if i don't give him the cash, he will call the police and have me cited for driving with no insurance and I will have to go to court and pay a 1000.00 fine, sr22, etc. he has uninsured driver insurance and i can pay his deductable, but he does not want to. he wants $$$. i offered to have his bumper fixed, but he will only have "his" body shop fix it because they are the best in the city. this seems rediculous to me on a 1992 nisson centra that is not in prime condition to start with. i think he needs $$$. can he still have me arrested? should i comply with his wishes or make him an offer and stand by my good intentions? help!he calls me 5 or 6 times a day!

G

gooberitiz

Geez another one guys...oops my payment got crossed in the mail and i have no coverage....well why were you driving at all?

Have you ever heard of a thing called a telephone?

You could have called your insurance company and have them deduct the payment immediately from your credit card or checking account, if you were that close to the time it was due.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">