• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit and run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keichi59

What is the name of your state? california

i was recently involved in a hit and run accident. luckily, the other car's license plate fell off in the accident. my car was pretty much totalled and is in the shop now for an estimate. there were three passengers in the car with me. we all sustained minor neck and back injuries. what kind of compensation can a get out of this? will my insurance company compensate me the value of my car? can i get any compensation for the inconvenience and other minor things? any info would be helpful. thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Did you ever find out if the other vehicle was insured?

If the other vehicle was not insured, what are your "Uninsured Motorist Limits"? Look at your insurance Declaration page for the answer (that's the sheet with all the dollar amounts of coverage).

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">