• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dlay_ohio

What is the name of your state? Ohio.

I was recently in a car accident where we were rear-ended. I was hurt and sent by ambulance to the hospital where I had to remain overnite. I am in a neckbrace due to minor fractures and my left hip has been knocked out of alignment. My chiropractor took me off of work for the neck injury for at least 2 weeks. Now my work place is telling me that I must have a "real" doctor release me and not a chiropractor whom they claim is not a real doctor, but whom I am in therapy with for 6 weeks due to the accident. Can they do this to me? Can I be replaced at work for an accident that was not my fault?:(

Last edited:

Alex02

Chiropractors arent real doctors, hell most of em are blood/money sucking leaches that love accident victims... You need a REAL doctor..

But back to the question, if your injury makes you unable to work as you say it does then just go to a doctor and have him write what he thinks on a note and send it to your employer..Of course thats only gonna work if you cant perform your work duties..

stephenk

what type of neck fractures do you have and who diagnosed the fractures? Is your hip out of chiropractic alignment or was it actually dislocated?

your chiropractor can write a note with a list of work restrictions or to place you on no work for a certain period of time. Much depends on your job duties and what the chiropractor has diagnosed. Neck sprain/strain is typically not enough to keep you from doing office work. If you believe you are more seriously hurt, you should be seen by an orthopedic doctor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">