• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrecked motorcycle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kiford24

What is the name of your state? NY I bought a motorcycle this fall. I didn't register it yet or insure it. I bought it and asked my buddy if i could store it in his garage. He said yes so i took it over, put it in his garage covered it up and left.
A few weeks later my buddy decided he was going to take it out for a spin (without my permission) Keep in mind its not register or insured. Well needless to say he didn't have any expierience on a bike. He was going to fast a wrecked it. At least $1000 in damage. The bike is still in his garage but now wrecked. He tells me he wants to buy it from me. I told him the bike booked for 3150 before he wrecked it so give me 3000 and it's his. What can i do if he doesn't pay for the bike??????
Can I sue? and if he doesn't have any money...would it do any good? He does work.

K

kiford24

well??????

Does anyone have any advice? I gave the Q....now how about an A...

G

gooberitiz

Its Not that easy......

you left the bike and he took it for a spin, yes he should pay for the damages, and yes you can sue him in small claims court after you had the bike fixed and have reciepts.and have his wages garnished.

But Without reciepts, or proof he took the bike, its your word against his.

You could have wrecked it and figured if you put the bike back in his garage he could get blamed for it.

do you have any witneses or a police report?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">