• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and fall at a restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

upinstyle

What is the name of your state? IN A friend of mine had sliped and fell in some greese at a restaurat. He had injured his shoulder and missed 3 wk of work. The insurance co. has agreed to pay medical and lost wages. The injury did not require surgery or physical therapy but he has had alot of pain and very behind on his bills and incurred some late charges on some of them. At what amount x the medical, lost wages and pain do you think he should ask for on pain and suffering? Thank you.

racer72

$17.35.

There is no way anyone on this forum can tell how much someone should get for pain and suffering. Your friend should consult with a personal injury attorney for guidance.

U

upinstyle

RE:slip and fall

racer72 said:
$17.35.

I am just looking for a guess. Or a little advice. A att will only take a third and the settlement will be to small as it is. But thank you .

There is no way anyone on this forum can tell how much someone should get for pain and suffering. Your friend should consult with a personal injury attorney for guidance.

G

gooberitiz

how much does he want $100,000?

Then he will have to sue and maybe in 5 years it will go to trial.

U

upinstyle

RE: slip and fall

gooberitiz said:
how much does he want $100,000?

Then he will have to sue and maybe in 5 years it will go to trial.
why are you so mean. I was only asking a question. What is up with the people on here. I thought, oops I for got poeple dont have manners any more. Sorry I asked a question everyone!

B

bdauzat

i know he was rude to me 2. I had the same thing happen to a friend and he was able to collect medical bills and lost wages if the doctor gave him off for a certain amount of time. But it is a long process and sometimes is not worth it. Try to talk to workmans comp through the job. Usually they try and work with you. good luck

JETX

First, ignore 'booger'. He is just a forum troll that attempts to impress the forum with his ignorance. Lives in NY, is on welfare, has no friends or life other than this forum.... truly a pitiful thing worthy of all of our sympathy..... yeah, right!!

In any case, your friend has some problems that weaken any potential claim that he might make. Some are:
- proof. Contrary to common thinking, a 'slip and fall' is not a slam-dunk case. The 'victim' would have to prove that the defendant KNEW of the grease prior to the fall. Also, that his injuries were sufficient to warrant additional compensation.
- your post says nothing about any post-incident treatment that would imply true injury. Such as physical therapy or pain treatment.
- Your post says that the insurance company has already offered to compensate for actual expenses (medical and lost wages).

What does he feel the 'value' of his pain was??? Depending on specifics, it could likely be only a few hundred $.

Simply, this incident is not going to be his 'lottery win'.

to simply answer your ??
if it is a simple injury and need a fast results multiply the medical bills by 1.5 to 2 . if the injury is some what bad multiply up to 3. but when you talk to the ins. co start with X4.
Good luck

JETX

williams_95136 said:
to simply answer your ??
if it is a simple injury and need a fast results multiply the medical bills by 1.5 to 2 . if the injury is some what bad multiply up to 3. but when you talk to the ins. co start with X4.
Good luck
And be prepared for the insurance company to tell you, "No way, you will have to sue us in order to get ANY chance at those mulipliers." And that is clearly not practical.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">