• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need two attorneys??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zyxwvuts

I hired an attorney to represent me in an accident which has left me off work with no pay for about 6 months. My current doctor related to that he may not be able to help me because my original doctor didn't perform surgery immediately after the accident. I've also decided to include that doctor in my suit. My current lawyer told me that he was a very close friend of the doctor and couldn't represent me against him. He said he could only go against the original suit. I'm sure he will tell the doctor about my lawsuit. Should I fire this attorney and hire another?? Should I get another one for a seperate suit??? Please help me, zyxwvuts.

HomeGuru

zyxwvuts said:
I hired an attorney to represent me in an accident which has left me off work with no pay for about 6 months. My current doctor related to that he may not be able to help me because my original doctor didn't perform surgery immediately after the accident. I've also decided to include that doctor in my suit. My current lawyer told me that he was a very close friend of the doctor and couldn't represent me against him. He said he could only go against the original suit. I'm sure he will tell the doctor about my lawsuit. Should I fire this attorney and hire another?? Should I get another one for a seperate suit??? Please help me, zyxwvuts.

**A: hire a new attorney that has no conflict of interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">