• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refusal to sell with equal terms and privileges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pcv1107

What is the name of your state? new york

i am a nys corporation that contacted a national corporation in illinois to buy products at wholesale so i can resell at retail. they provided me with pricing that would cost me more wholesale than other distributors are selling at retail. i brought this matter to their attention and they sent over a credit application that i immediately filled out and returned. after that they refused to lower their prices to and said after i build a history they would consider lowering their prices. how could i build a history when i will not be able to resell the merchandise? they also sent me inflated list prices and when i questioned them they evaded the answer several times. for instance: they quoted one item with a list of $179 and with my 40% off would cost me $107.40 wholesale. another national corporation that purchases from the illinois corporation is advertising the same item for $99.99 and a list price of $116. the list price i was quoted is $63 higher. at a list of $116 and 40% off i would be paying $69.60 instead of $107.40.
i made this clear to the illinois corporation and they refuse to lower the inflated list prices or my % off list. i feel that they are putting up every road-block possible not to do business with me under equal terms and privileges. do i have grounds to bring a discrimination suit on a federal or state level for unfair and deceptive business practices?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">