• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My car got hit while parked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chardaley

I was parked on a street when my car got hit. Now one parties insurance will fix my car but only 20% and the other wont accept any liability at all. Mean while my car is getting wet on the inside and I dont have the money to fix it myself. At lest 3000.00 in damage. Should I take the 20% and fix what I can? Or should I take both drivers and insurance companies to court? I feel I am being jerked around. My insurance wont do anything because I only have what the state requires, California.

What is the best thing to do? I am at the point where I dont want my car fixed I want it replaced. Can I do that?

W

Walt848

This might sound crazy but one of the first things you should of done concerning your car was to "attempt to" cover it up with plastic or even a tarp to prevent further damage to the vehicle. In a court of law that question might come up! Just be prepared! Other than that one suggestion, I strongly agree. You need to take those folks to a small claims court and win the case!!
No much, but good luck on your venture!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">