• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

apreis

maryland resident

on August 3 of this year, I was stoped at an out of order light at an intersection. A truck rear-ended me driving at approximately 45mph. my car was damaged, which I recieved money for. more importantly, my neck and back were injured. i was seen at the emergency room that day, and have had subsequent physical therapy 2 times a week since then. I am almost done with the PT, but now am wondering what an appropriate settlement for "pain and suffering" is. The injury has brought a great deal of inconvienience, as I am a full-time student and a nanny for an infant, both of which are difficult to do without full use of the neck and back.
Thanks in advance.

HomeGuru

apreis said:
maryland resident

on August 3 of this year, I was stoped at an out of order light at an intersection. A truck rear-ended me driving at approximately 45mph. my car was damaged, which I recieved money for. more importantly, my neck and back were injured. i was seen at the emergency room that day, and have had subsequent physical therapy 2 times a week since then. I am almost done with the PT, but now am wondering what an appropriate settlement for "pain and suffering" is. The injury has brought a great deal of inconvienience, as I am a full-time student and a nanny for an infant, both of which are difficult to do without full use of the neck and back.
Thanks in advance.

**A: and what did your insurance company and your PI attorney say with respect to a settlement range?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">