• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 yr old in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tech

Caqlifornia,

Hello,
My son was in a vehicle accident, he was NOT the driver, he was in the front passenger seat. The driver of the car lost control and plowed thru 4 small trees, a sign post, knocked down a telephone pole and skidded 60 feet along a cement wall. Air bags went off, front windshield shattered, engine dropped etc..... by the way they all walked away from the accident. The same night , and the next day,it happened I asked him if his back or neck hurt?, answer no! a few days later he complains of back pain, and since then he's had back pain everyday, I have a doctor's appointment for him. The police call me last week to see if he was ok, and I said yes since he hadn't complained, but now he's in pain and complaining. He still goes to school, (hasn't misssed a day), and goes to work, but complains about his back. Legally do I have a case against the driver for injury? I mean he's not incapable, but in pain. Please let me know... Thanks, Tech

HomeGuru

Tech said:
Caqlifornia,

Hello,
My son was in a vehicle accident, he was NOT the driver, he was in the front passenger seat. The driver of the car lost control and plowed thru 4 small trees, a sign post, knocked down a telephone pole and skidded 60 feet along a cement wall. Air bags went off, front windshield shattered, engine dropped etc..... by the way they all walked away from the accident. The same night , and the next day,it happened I asked him if his back or neck hurt?, answer no! a few days later he complains of back pain, and since then he's had back pain everyday, I have a doctor's appointment for him. The police call me last week to see if he was ok, and I said yes since he hadn't complained, but now he's in pain and complaining. He still goes to school, (hasn't misssed a day), and goes to work, but complains about his back. Legally do I have a case against the driver for injury? I mean he's not incapable, but in pain. Please let me know... Thanks, Tech

**A: yes you do. Consult a PI attorney.

W

Walt848

Yes, the person above is correct. You need to find a good attorney (hard core would be best)! He has a very good case here. I also was in a bad accident at high speeds (rear-ended at 70+ MPH. Been there, done that! Two operations in 3 months, Neck and Back! All symptoms do not appear immediately. Some takes weeks or even months before they come about. I was injured 6 months ago and still find new things. I am a wreck now thanks to my rear-end man!!!! Don't delay, go for it now!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">