• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Valet Parking attendant crashed my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandrah

I am living in Miami Beach, FL. I purchased a new 2002 Nissan Sentra 5 weeks ago. I've been parking it at a valet garage just around the corner from my apartment. Yesterday, the valet parking attendant crashed my car exiting the parking garage. He claimed that the brakes didn't work, but there are skid marks at the top of the exit ramp that indicate that was not the case. The car has about 700 miles on it, so it's been tested enough to know that they work, but not so much that they would be in any way worn. I also heard loud tires squeeling, so I think that the brakes were working just fine. He was probably not paying attention and caused the accident. My question is, because my car was so new, and this accident immediately depreciated it, could I take them to court and get more money than simply what it will cost for them to repair my car? Also, am I allowed to choose where my car is repaired? Will they have to pay for a rental car?

The garage's insurance company is closed this weekend, so I haven't been able to put a claim in with them, yet. I have notified my insurance company, but am not placing a claim with them at this time, as this accident was in no way my fault.

Any advice you can give on this matter would be appreciated.

Sandra Halleran
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">