• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with insurance question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stewiehc

What is the name of your state? California

A few days ago some friends and I were driving back from San Diego on I-5. While one of my friends was driving he got pulled over for doing 100+ m.p.h.'s on the freeway. Since the car and its insurance is under my name but the ticket was given to my friend. Will my insurance rate go up because of his ticket? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

T

toasted

"""What is the name of your state? California

A few days ago some friends and I were driving back from San Diego on I-5. While one of my friends was driving he got pulled over for doing 100+ m.p.h.'s on the freeway. Since the car and its insurance is under my name but the ticket was given to my friend. Will my insurance rate go up because of his ticket? Any help would be appreciated. """

No. The ticket is in his name and not yours so your record will not be effected.

""Thank you""

You're welcome.

P

ProResearch

I was going to ask about your age, but I decided I shouldn't. But why would you allow someone else to drive your car at ...... one hundred miles per hour!?!

If your insurance company finds out about the ticket, it will be interesting to see if your rates do indeed increase -- for some reason or another.

umm.... let us know how much, k?

S

stewiehc

Thanks for the input, hopefully my insurance rate won't go up due to this incident.

To my defense it was 3am and everyone except the driver was asleep. I found out about the ticket after the car got pulled over.

thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">