• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued by other party's insurance company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjiyon

almost two years ago, i was in a 3 car accident which was my fault. at the time, i had a suspended license, no proof of insurance, and the vehicle was not mine.
recently, two years later, i began receiving letters from law office and such that they will help settle this case which i still haven't been served. what is thte statute of limitation for a situation like this? what area would this fall under? insurance law, personal injury, etc??
please advise.

P

ProResearch

I suspect you have no Replies because you ask for a statute of limitations, yet supplied no state information. States vary from 1 year to about 5 years.

As to what areas of practice you need in finding an attorney, I would say all ...... that you mentioned.

I hope you have auto insurance now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">