• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tnasee

What is the name of your state Tenn. my husband and I are seperatred....I finnally let him have his way on the visititaion with our daughter, hoping then he would just leave me alone ..That hasnt happen either.....he calls me everyday on my job and at the home of my sister-in-law where we are staying for right now ..he is always saying things mean and nasty about me or my family.......aways harassing me about something.....our divorce hasnt been started yet and there is no legal seperation.....is there anything I can do other then hanging up ....which makes him call more.....to make him leave me and mine alone.:(

H

huskerfan41

if you fear for your safety -- then you can file a restraining order.

however, if that is not the case -- you can ask him not to call.

my only advice to you is to not forbid him from seeing his child. to work out this positively for your child -- you must set up regular visitation for them immediately.

it will set the stage for an amicable divorce in the end.

T

tnasee

we did set up visitation on our daughter...he gets her every evening from 4 till 6...and every other weekend... he is an abusive person and has made his brags on what he could do...I have asked him to quit calling but this just sets him off and he gets worst.....I left the marriage because all we could do was scream and yell at each other ....all I want now is just a little sanity in my life ...for him to leave me alone and go on with his life and i will do the same...is a warrant the only way....:confused:

H

huskerfan41

not a warrant, but a restraining order.

you can go to the courthouse and ask for paperwork to file a restraining order because of the threats he has made you. you do not have to have this restraining order apply to your child. you can set up a separate drop off/pick up point for the child to still have visitation with his/her father.

the restraining order will restrain him from making contact with you in person or by phone.

you do not need an attorney to file one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">